Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Long time no see, as usual. Ah, how time flies! It's near 5 julliet, dad's birthday.

Let me tell you somethin'; it's about Indian dance (such as in the Bollywood movie) in the graduation day of an Indonesian elementary school (SD Peladen in kampung Peladen, near Pondok Bintaro). What worries me is how others' culture have been absorbed into our everyday life. Those pupils danced the Indian dance as if it was from their own culture. And what makes me "prihatin" is they don't perform an Indonesian or local art! What a pity! They do not appreciate their own culture as they appreciate others' culture, and the teachers do not encourage them to do so..

I wrote about this in "pl80itb" mailing list. But, my friends are not worry as much as I am (in fact, they do not seem to be worry at all). However, this "incident" made me aware of my "weakness" or "fault" through this time, that I have neglected my own culture as well ;,-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home