Thursday, July 19, 2007

Nunukan, here I come back again!



Last week I've been to Nunukan for 5 days. Nunukan is an island in Kalimantan Timur Province. Meanwhile, Kabupaten Nunukan covers some areas of Kalimantan island, the whole Nunukan island and the southern part of Sebatik Island. The northern part of Sebatik Island belongs to Malaysia.

The first impression was the airport. A new and bigger passenger terminal was being built. Fence was built in the air side of the old terminal, preventing the well-wishers from the taxiway.

This time I have more time to go to some places in town than my visit here last year (Journey to Border Land). Nunukan is changing. New roads, new buildings are found around town.

However, Nunukan is not a tourism area; rather, it is a transit point to Sabah, Malaysia. We can find many Indonesian manpower agencies here in Nunukan.

I went to Nunukan with Mila, Eky and Rizal. Surprisingly, at Soekarno-Hatta airport in Jakarta, I met and old friend, Reflus. We happened to be in the same flight to Tarakan and then to Nunukan. Nice meeting you again, Reflus, after 2 or 3 years since our class reunion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home