Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Mommy Turns 75

My Mom turned 75 on Friday, April 15, 2005. Alhamdulillah she's still healthy and fit (of course according to the standard of her age). Alhamdulillah she's still with us today. She and Bapak (my parents) live in Pejompongan, just the two of them.

She still does household chores, visits friends, attends arisan, reads news. She runs the house. I can't imagine the house without her around.

I can't imagine growing without her accompanying me. She taught me little things, such as tidiness and being considerate to others. She taught by giving examples. When she asked me to do something, she explained the reason why (I had to do it). That made me, as far as I remember, never felt reluctant doing tasks from her.

To be honest, sometimes I feel I was neglected by her or she didn't guide me enough. But, I don't regret this. Not at all. That's because she believes in me. I remember her saying, "This must be a big problem for you to come to me. If this is only a small problem, you will solve it all by yourself." That's true, I've never come to her until I stucked to a very, very big problem that I can't stand it alone.

My Mom, she's very patient with me. She accepts the good and the bad in me. And you know, Mom? That's the source of my courage, from there comes my strength, made me believe in me. Or maybe, because I know you always pray for us in your soft whisper.

I remember back in around 1993-1994, I bought a bicycle. I like biking. Mom joked me, "May you could buy a car!" Me, buying a car? Kidding; I was even afraid to drive! I never used my driving license. (And what was more important: where's the money from?) And you know what? I bought a car in 1995! My first car. It was a secondhand car, though. What a prayer, a mother's prayer.

Now, Mom is 75. All her daughters are married. She has 3 grandsons, 1 from Widy and 2 from Ita (and 5 more grandchildren from my father). But, her biggest attention is for my father (husband, of course). Sometimes I still feel her lack of attention. But, it's allright. I'm OK, so far. What is important is her prayer for the whole family. Somehow I know that Endra and me are included in the prayer.

Ah, her soft talkings, the examples she gives, all the remembrance of her, bring comfort to me. Ibu, selamat ulang tahun ke-75. Thank you for the many-many big things and uncountable little things you've done for me. Forgive me for all my wrong-doings (I know you've forgiven me. You used to say that none of your daughters cause you any trouble. Ah, what a Mom :-)) Mommy, remembering you in your 75 birthday, I can only pray, may God always bless you. And let me tell you this (with a BIG hug): I LOVE YOU, MOM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home