Friday, August 05, 2005

Podcasts

For a few days this week I was busy searching podcasts on iTunes. I've subscribed to ABC News.com - Good Morning America, Newsweek On Air Podcast, English as a Second Language Podcast and The FrenchPodClass. Description of podcasting in Wikipedia is as follows: Podcasting is a method of publishing audio broadcasts via the Internet, allowing users to subscribe to a feed of new files (usually MP3s).

Some podcasts are updated on a regular basis (daily or weekly) and some are not. Listening to podcasts is a great way to learn foreign languages from native speakers, especially English since most podcasts these days are produced in English. However, I luckily found French class, too. I think I'll check for a Nihongo class; I've noticed some titles relating to Japan or Japanese words. And what excellent with podcasts is we can subscribe to them for free!

Thanks to Apple Computer that added Podcasts feature to its iTunes on June 28, 2005. And much thanks to the podcasters(?) (podcasts producers?), too, especially from the podcasts I subscribe. A challenging question comes to mind: what can I contribute with podcasting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home