Friday, April 21, 2006

Today, "Kartini Day". Indonesia commemorates its heroine in gender equalization. Gramedia bookshop's workers wear kebayas (women) and batik shirts (men). I don't know what happen at other companies or offices or at schools during the Kartini Day. For me, Kartini Day seems the same as any other day. I seem to take it for granted for all the facilities I have. However, I appreciate Kartini for all her works and thoughts. How she had preceded her era at the time. You can read my book review of "panggil aku Kartini saja" (in Bahasa Indonesia).

Yesterday, "Inacraft Exhibition". I asked Mom whether she wanted to go to the exhibition. And she said, "Yes". We were there from 10 am to 2.15 pm, more than 4 hours! The exhibition was being held at the Jakarta Hilton Convention Center, occupied Halls A and B, the Convention Center (?, I mean the round hall), the Plenary Hall and the lobby of the building. A huge exhibition. The exhibition will last on Sunday, April 23, 2006. Of course, I spent money there. (And who didn't?)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first blog I've seen. I am not old, oldfashioned og from a home without a computer. It's just that that way of writing a diaryhas never iterested me.

Now, when I look at yours, I amawed that you, and all other bloggers of the world, have this urge to share their lives with the world. I ask myself why? Is'nt your life your own, and only your own.

I am awed, I really am. I just don't get it.

Yours sincerly,
Vidar Pettersen
Denmark

4/21/2006 9:31 PM  
Blogger Ati said...

Hi, you're not alone. My little sis also asked the same why? I don't know why. Just want to write something in English, maybe.. However, thanks for leaving comment here.. Btw, which part of Denmark do you live? My husband had visited Copenhagen and Arhus in 2000 and he brought me a miniature of the mermaid statue. :)

2/03/2007 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home