Thursday, December 28, 2006

A New Town Called Tangerang Selatan

Kompas reports today that DPRD (Local House of Representative) Kabupaten Tangerang agreed to separate 5 kecamatans of the kabupaten to form a new autonomous area called Tangerang Selatan. The five kecamatans are Ciputat, Pamulang, Pondok Aren, Serpong and Cisauk which lie in the south-east of the kabupaten, in the vicinity area of Jakarta and Kota Tangerang. However, until House of Representative (DPR) give their permission and Government Regulation be published, the would-be-area of Tangerang Selatan still remains under Kabupaten Tangerang authority. It is predicted that the process to publish such regulation will take a year or two.

As an inhabitant of Ciputat, will I be prouder or happier to live in a town or city called Tangerang Selatan instead of in an area called Kabupaten Tangerang? I don't think I will answer "Tangerang Selatan" if someone asks me where I live. I think I will still answer the question with "Bintaro". It's more accurate and people will recognize that it's the vicinity area of Jakarta. However, I hope the new town administration could bring welfare to the people in town.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of Endra's buddies from PL88 ITB. He told me that you have a blog that was featured by Blogger Indonesia. Good work deserves good acknowledgement. There is no wonder, Fatih picked up your blog!

1/25/2007 1:53 AM  
Blogger Ati said...

Hello, Endra's friend.. (who? I guess you're Deden since he mentioned your name on blogging. But, I'm sorry if you're not Deden). Thank you for your nice comment :) (And if you're Deden, I hear you have a blog, too. Happy blogging, then!)

2/04/2007 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home