Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Busy Days and Weekend

My days were filled with meetings, so that I seldom sat in front of my computer. Saturday was also a busy day: invitation from our neighbor for khitanan, arisan (I didn't come to the arisan), and om Wid's body arrived from Guangzhou.

Innalillahi wa innaillaihi rooji'uun. Om Wid, Endra's uncle, died in Guangzhou on Thursday afternoon. Om Wid is Ibu's youngest brother. Om Adi, om Abi, Yoyok, and Endra were assigned to pick-up the body in the airport cargo. Fortunately, there was mas Agus (mbak Siti's bridegroom-to-be) who works at Bea-Cukai (customs officer) that accompanied us in the cargo area. The body was brought to Bandung that Saturday night and arrived in Bandung at 2 am. Om Wid was buried at 7 am that Sunday morning. We only slept for only 1 hour. How we were all very tired that Sunday.

On Monday, I had to attend another meeting. I arrived at home at about 8 pm only to find my neighbor had been waiting for me to apologize. What for? Her husband had bumped their car into our kitchen's wall! Can you imagine that? Of course the lower wall was cracked due to hard hit. It's an accident, anyway. Nobody wanted it. They promised to fix the wall. Their car was damage somehow.

Fortunately, there was no one standing in our carport when the accident happened. Fortunately, our maid didn't park the bike there. Fortunately ... Ah, how fortunate we were! We had soooo much fortune. Should we buy a larger lot with a larger front yard to avoid such accident? A good idea, eh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home